Monday, February 18, 2008

The Girls Are Out Schooting Guns with Uncle Joe

That's actually true, and I like how it sounds.
Why are the girls out shooting guns with Uncle Joe? Because after the week from Hell that Christy and I just had, we made a collective decision that our suite needed to relax. We packed up and shipped out to Jonesboro where Christy's Aunt and Uncle live, along with one of their sons and his sweet baby boy.
We dont have school today because our student teaching schools have Presidents day off. Christy's relatives live in this lovely house with lots of windows out in the woods and they have a pond out front. I'm enjoying looking at all of it from the warmth of the indoors, though I didn't share the general enthsiasm for going out in it to shoot guns with Uncle Joe. I like the fact that I am warm right now, and that they have wireless internet that I can use to blog.
One of the fun relaxation activities we did this morning was take a bubble bath (as in... the four of us) in the giant jacuzzi tub. Very fun. It was where we decided that our new favorite word is "mutton chops" because we were giving ourselves different kinds of "bubble facial hair."
Bless these people'es hearts for letting us come stay with them, but one thing that's been interesting is that they used to know my parents. But not since LONG before my mom died. I feel like I've been fielding quite a few questions such as, "How has your family been since she died?" "Has your dad re-married?" "Are you just checking yourself all the time for breast cancer?" These are the conversations I love to have with strangers.
I'm not dogging your relatives Christy, should you be reading this blog. I love you and I love them as they are an extension of you. Let's just blame the "week from hell" if i sound mean.
So here's a list of the new nicknames we have given ourselves (the suite, that is.)
- the dial tones. (a reference to our new habit of livening up a boring weekend by making prank phone calls)
- the notorious painted nipple. (a reference, rather graphic sorry, to our big plans to fake-flash people by wearing painted skin-colored bras. genious, dont you think?)
- and the white t-shirt gang. (a reference to the fact that we unknowingly packed the same outfit to wake up and put on today. we are so cool.)
So thats all for now folks, I'm out.

No comments: