I'm sitting here in the morning wishing time would stop so that this day would not start. Its going to be one of "those" days. A day where I have 50 million places to go that are absolutely required, and during the "non-existant-in-between-times" I'm supposed to study for a spanish quiz, pop in before five and take said quiz, sign up for a tahkodah interview in the bible building, create not one but TWO visual aides for lessons I must teach tomorrow, etc etc.
Nevermind all those other necessary things that CAN but shouldn't wait... such as the ever-multiplying pile of laundry I need to do, including towels AND sheets. Or the two blankets I need to finish crocheting (one before spring break) so that i can start on the two more I want to make as wedding gifts for the summer.
Do I sound over-extended? I'm dealing with it. I'm blogging about it if that says anything about time-allocation... and desperately attempting to keep my life from becoming lost to all things academic, obligatory, and dumb. I just know that if I don't start now... saying "this is my life and im not letting it get taken over by the daily grind," then I will for the rest of my life be caving in to similar circumstances.
And what's more, I DO want to give up my life. But not to studying and not to advancing in my career. I want to give it up to God and to the people he loves. I want to at any given moment be able to drop all the "stuff" I'm doing and give someone a ride if they need it. I want to lay down the busy schedule and cook someone dinner and sit and talk with them.
The only thing getting me through this week, the final week of my block classes before student teaching, is knowing that if I will just DO it then it will be DONE. Done forever.
Things I am STILL making time for:
-dinner with friends
-breakfast alone with God
-LOST on Thursday night
Haha. So maybe that's not the BEST picture of where my priorities should be. But its keeping me joyful.
No comments:
Post a Comment