The other day I wrote a blog that is possibly the most boring thing I've ever written. And I love it! I've wanted to post it ever since, but I wrote it on my laptop and all my attempts to find wireless internet so I could post said blog have failed. Even my new local hang-out (Price Cutter, with a Starbucks with Wi-Fi) failed me. Their internet was down and I had made a special trip over there to use it!
The blog was all about taking Jess's dog Duke to the vet. I even listed out all the various expenses he in incurring right now with his lime disease. I think its ironic that the very circumstance that makes me wish SO bad that I had a dog of my own, is one in which the dog was costing his owners butt loads of money. The one thing I complain about most.
But posting that blog was not meant to be. So sad.
There are a few kindred spirits that have been out of my life now for a few weeks who I am really starting to miss. Kindred spirits are the people that just "get it." God created them to be in my family even though they aren't. One of them is far away in Venezuela and I worry that she's feeling out of place, or lonely, or surrounded by whackos, or worried about her family. I hate that she's not with me. And the other is keeping busy planning a wedding, so I'm not as worried about her. But again, I wish she was with me.
I suppose its good, then, that when I come home there are other kindred spirits to fill in those gaps. But the ones from home tend to be more complicated. This doesn't make them any less valuable to me... they are very special to me for exactly what they are. But the qualities in each set of kindred spirits (we'll call the sets "Home" and "Harding") tend to place emphasis on the qualities I miss about whatever set I'm not with at the time. The "ticking time-bomb" quality that's sometimes there between me and my dad makes me long for the perfect comfort of Sha'lon. And the newly undefinable quality that my relationship with Scott has taken on makes me think of Christy because with her I always know what to expect.
I'm writing as though I have no idea who reads my blog. I decided today that blissful ignorance is definitely my game. Its the card I love to play so I don't have to take responsibility for anything I might do, say, wear, write... but the question is: Is the world buying it?
No comments:
Post a Comment