Thursday, July 17, 2008

Someone get to work on these!

Ok... so I am TOTALLY loving the answers I'm being asked to come up with in this question game I'm playing with a friend of mine. Last post, "Carissa's Perfect Day" came from one of these questions. The same is true for tonight's.
The question was:
"Let's pretend there was such a thing as a "Dating Store"...you can purchase items that help make the whole dating process easier (i.e. A pair of sunglasses that when worn can tell you if a person likes you or not.) What would you most like to see sold there? How does it work?"
And before I post the answer I gave, I regret to say that necessity required me to change some details. I hate that that is so, because this IS "here are the thigns i wish i could say." but can that truly ever be? doubt it. here's the edited answer.
For starters, I'd want some sort of a pill I could take every day like a vitamin that would somehow alter my chemistry to make me attracted to only the "potential daters" that would be really good guys for me to date. See, for me, physical attraction is about more than just someone being "good-looking." It’s longing to be near them… like feeling drawn to them. It has to do with their looks, but also their attitude and the way their voice sounds. I would want there to be a way for me to get THAT feeling anytime a guy would be a good boyfriend, and never with one who wouldn't.
The other thing I would want would be some kind of little button I could push that could immediately clue a guy in on the thing I wanted him to know, without me having to tell him. In fact, he would think he came up with it all on his own. This would come in handy for many things. It would clue a guy in on the things about him that are big turn-offs to me ("I bet she doesn't like neck beards", or "maybe she's just laughing right now to be nice", or "something tells me she likes a real manly-type-guy," or "maybe i wear the same shirt too often...") without me even having to THINK about how awkward it would be to try and TELL him those things. It would also be useful for helping him understand at any time what I'm feeling and why I'm feeling that way. I actually wouldn't use it all the time. I like the spontaneity of not knowing what a person is going to say or do next. But for those really awkward things that I just can't bring up no matter how comfortable we feel together (but they bother me significantly) I'd love it if a guy could just "know" and then take care of it. Problem solved.
Also, I just thought of this… it might be nice to have some very discreet little product that could in an instant freshen up your own breath and the breath of the person you're with, without being as obvious as popping a piece of gum in your mouth and offering it to your date. I just think it would be great for the annoying little element of "concern for your breath" to be completely gone. I hate having to think about it. Oh…I know… it could be nail polish. That way you could have it on and then just discreetly bite your nail or something and be instantly freshened up and ready for whatever may come. Still doesn't take care of the date's breath… but I can't think of what could do that.

No comments: