Sunday, January 24, 2010

Wow... literally a year later.

I laughed reading over my last three posts and realizing how MUCH things have changed, and yet how little I'VE changed.
I still lean towards the melancholy. I still fear work. I still don't necessarily enjoy the same leasure activities C does.
But let's talk about what's changed:
-I'm married now. Loving it. I was all talk a few years ago with my "I'm too afraid to be known like that... I don't want someone around ALL the time" nonsense.
-I have my own house! And beutiful things on the walls, shelves, and countertops.
-I'm not a diet-psycho-ocd-crazy-person. (At least I haven't felt like one in a year or so.)
-I can actually do real push-ups... more than two!
-I'm reading the Bible in a year! Really doing it and not even remotely tempted to quit.
And now I've come to the end of that list and I realize... really not that much has changed. So let's talk about what I'de like to change this year:
-I'd like to be braver. Specifically, I'd like to have a go-getter attitude during the lifestage in which I'll be working outside the home.
-I'd like to have a vegetable/herb garden.
-I'd like to be less lazy about cleaning, especially the dishes.
-I'd like to be much more cheerful, much more often. I find I get melancholy about one thing or another and it ends up becoming the theme of an entire night.
-I'd also like to keep up with my blog. And speaking of my blog... I think I'd like to call Chris something besides C (but I like the anonymity a pseudonym gives.) I think I'll start calling him Superman when I mention him on my blog. For one thing, he looks like Superman. For another, he really did swoop in and rescue me. And for another, he loves super heroes... like WAY too much.
So there you go!
Goodnight for now :)

No comments: