Monday, February 1, 2010

Get LOST.

Can I just say… Mondays WAY bite.
Coming back from an extended weekend, into a big, busy, early morning-ed, full workday-ed week? Eeeek. It gets me. I have to watch myself to make sure it doesn’t ruin my Sunday just thinking about it.

I think I did ok with that last night. I did cry a bit (pathetic, but true.) But I was able to go on to enjoy a LOST marathon with Superman boifren, and do part of P90X Legs & Back. Don’t sneer!! Doing part of it still beat me up (although its probably my own fault for sitting around lazily the rest of the weekend and letting my endurance go kaput.)

So I think the plan is to do the other part of Legs & Back today (the second go-roud of pull-ups. That’s right. Pull-ups. Me. So tuck the aforementioned sneer away!) and Ab Ripper.

Followed by… more LOST! This is a huge triumph for me. Superman wasn’t so sure he’d be into it, and hey, I get that! I still don’t watch 24. Everyone says it’s the greatest, but there’s something in each of us that wants to rebel against fad entertainment addictions. I think to myself, “Surely 24 isn’t that cool! I don’t wan’t to join that cult.” (Where did I become such a hater?)

But when it comes to LOST, I am a bona-fide member of the Cult, so its been a personal goal of mine to induct Superman. And as anyone would, he resisted joining. “Nah, let’s watch this instead,” or, “I’m just not all that excited to start watching LOST.” But oh, this glorious weekend has changed it all.

I really think there’s nothing better than having mulitple seasons of a really good TV series to watch. This is the ONLY thing in life I can use to comprehend Superman’s love for videogames. I always tell him, “There’s nothing I love enough… not cooking… not Food Network… not reading… that I could do it for as many consecutive hours as you can sit playing a videogame.”

Wrong. I can spend all day, all night, even all weekend if I’ve got endless discs of The Office, LOST, Boston Legal, or Gilmore Girls. It’s pure bliss. And a bit of a guilty pleasure too (since I can’t possibly sit there without a bowl of cereal or Mac n’ Cheese to munch during.) And the guilty pleasures are the best. :)

So here’s to all you fellow cult-members who are eagerly awaiting tomorrow night’s Season Premier. I’ll be recording the mess outta that show until Superman’s caught up and we can watch it together.

No comments: