Side Note: While I hate to use the term "unearth" in reference to my home, it is the most accurate. I found this particular item under the pile of clothes at the foot of our bed... the same pile of clothes we dumped out of our suitcases after a weekend of Christmas shopping with the Crows. Never feel bad about the state of your bedroom again.
What I found was a $100 gift card to Wal-Mart that my grandma gave us for our wedding. Now, Superman and I don't make it down to Wal-Mart all that often. We are Kroger people. For one reason and one reason only: laziness.
But there is one thing that will outweigh the lazy factor and make me drive the extra two miles: a shopping spree.
Would you like to know what I did with $100 at Wal-Mart? Let me show you :)
I consume at least two of these products every day.
They literally keep me alive.
I've considered switching to whole grain Mac n' Cheese but its $1.28 a box!
(As opposed to the FIVE boxes of regular I bought today for a mere $3)
This I am SO excited about! Its putting me one step closer to one of my New Years Resolutions. (The one about having an herb garden.) Martha Stewart taught me today how to make a tiered herb garden that can sit on your porch. This is the biggest of the pots and it will serve as the bottom tier. I'll be sure to post a picture of the finished product blooming and bursting with fresh herbs!
This is a big circle cake tip that I will using to make a certain someone a cake for their baby shower!
And this is a sheet pan just like the kind my friend Barefoot has.
(This is Superman's nickname for Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa.)
The tomatoes are there for color and effect. And because they are the reason I needed this pan. Because I was trying to roast tomatoes for soup using my cookie sheets and water and oil was dripping off the sides onto the floor of my oven.
I bought a few other odds and ends that aren't very interesting. But my grand total was exactly $101.57. Big fun! If anyone has any tips about growing fresh herbs, let me know. I know nothing other than that Martha says its easy. "Easy" for Martha is the equivalent of "Say goodbye to the next seven hours of your life."
2 comments:
On my list of things to do, learn how to plant (and actually plant) an herb garden and vegetable garden.
Side note- I love Barefoot Contessa. Funny story, I used to think the show was "Barefoot Contessa, In a Garden". Sometimes I don't read well.
Let's plant gardens together!
Sounds like you had a fun night last night. I'm so jealous of the awesome baking pans...I'm going to have to get some of my own...I only have a small pan w/ the sides on it and sometimes that's just not big enough. Can't wait to see you guys again!
Post a Comment