Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Connection...

Remember that "adoreable" drool stain we discussed a few weeks ago?  Well its still there after two loads of washing and I definitely don't find it adoreable any more. 

But that's neither here nor there.  I thought I'd write a post and entitle it "The Connection."  The purpose of this post is to explain the connection that had me believing for years that Superman was, in fact, my cousin... and therefore off limits.  Obviously you know the rest of that story.

One of his favorite ways to tease me is to pull out the "cousin card" and make me squirm about whether other people will hear him and think we are incestuous hicks.  We are not.

We do share some of the same cousins.  They all had a ball introducing themselves at our rehearsal dinner as "cousin of the bride AND groom."  They've now abbreviated that title to "double cousin."  Oh boy.

I'll start by showing you a wedding picture of my family. 
 In it you can see my dad and his brother.
(See the family resemblence?  Oh yes.)



Next I will show you a picture of Superman's family at our wedding. 
In it you can see his mom and her sister. 
(See the family resemblence?  I'm sure you do.)




But wait!  Who is that behind Superman's aunt?  My my... doesn't he look familiar? 


Yes, it is my very own Uncle B.
He met, fell in love with, and married Chris's Aunt LeeLee
(not her real name) at good ol' Harding.


So...................


Superman's Aunt LeeLee is married to my Uncle B. 
My Uncle B is married to Superman's Aunt LeeLee. 
Superman's Aunt LeeLee is my Aunt LeeLee. 
My Uncle B is Superman's Uncle B! 
Its been that way since before either of us was born!

And its probably the very reason Superman and I met at all!  (At whatever family reunion it must have been.)  I suppose that means we have them to thank for our happiness :)

Thanks Uncle Bard and Aunt LeeLee.  May you live forever.

2 comments:

bhow817 said...

I wish you could put up a video of that song your double cousins sang to you... so funny!

Carissa said...

"The family tree-ee is now a sphere... we're finally back together after all these years... they're gettin' hitched today!"

(to the tune of Drift Away.) haha!