So here's one thing I noticed in Cancun. NOBODY ever told us "You're welcome." It was always "their pleasure." Isn't that so much better?
"You're welcome" implies "Eh, Happy to help." Even worse is... "No problem." That tells the recipient of your kindness, "It was nothing and required no real sacrifice on my part."
But "It's a pleasure"... OH how great would it be if I could make that phrase a habit?
And these people would NEVER miss the opportunity either:
The hostess would lead us to our table... we'd say thanks.
-"It was a pleasure." (Eet wass a pleasure.)
She'd put the napkin onto my lap with a pair of tongs.
-"Thank you."
-"Eets a pleasure."
We'd leave the restaurant and thank the cluster of wait staff on our way out.
All in unison - "A pleasure."
The only person who may not have been thinking "Eets a pleasure" ?
The poor maid who may or may not have had to clean my barf off of our floor one fateful morning.
But that's another post for another day.
The point? Although you can't convince me that she honestly found it pleasureable to place a napkin on my lap... I felt special and that was the point. If I were to think of the thing I love most about one of my best friends, Sha'lon, its that she makes people feel very very special.
This is just the beginning. I plan to give detailed accounts of a certain family we observed throughout the week and about the various ridiculous and adoreable things Superman did during his first trip to Cancun. So stay tuned.
For now I'll leave you with this picture, because it gets me everytime.
We saw her in a gift shop, and unfortunately did not buy her.
Everytime we see her, we say, "I'm too FAT to ride the ride :( "
No comments:
Post a Comment