Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Check out my chair!

Remember the stunning and creative card Superman got me for my birthday?!  And the flowers I couldn't believe he sprung for... and the pretzel M&Ms?  Well, the final component of that gift has arrived.

By the way, Superman's gift-giving skills have improved drastically in our time together (so please don't despair too much... those of you in "newer" relationships.)  I definitely had to pull out my best acting skills when reacting to the first Christmas gift he ever gave me.  I'm going to have to forbid him from reading this, because I still don't think I could handle telling him I didn't like the scarf he made me.

But I'm off topic.

He's REALLY improved.  Living with me has helped him "get" my taste.  It also provides him with a constant stream of hints about what I need, like, want, don't want.  I'm pretty vocal.

So for the entire two years we've been dating and/or married... every holiday that's come around... I've asked him for a folding lounge chair for sun-bathing.  My gift-request was always a big disappointment because he just wasn't getting the concept of utlizing "forethought" when gift-giving.  To get online, read reviews, and purchase a lounge chair three or so weeks ahead of the event... just wasn't happening.

Well this year it did!

And check out this chair he picked out!!

The awesomest feature EVER is shown in this picture.

It has a built-in, pillow-lined face hole for when you want to lay on your stomach.  Who out there hasn't WISHED they had one of those?  Without it you either end up burning the ear on one side of your head, or smashing your nose.

Awesome Feature #2:  There are also two openings for your arms so that you can hold a book below you and read in perfect comfort (and shade for that matter!)   

I'm demonstrating by "reading" the Bible here so you can see how it works.




A few other unrelated tidbits:

-Check out prettyhungry in the coming days if you want to learn to make 

Sour Cream Amaretto Cake with Raspberry Filling
and White Chocolate Lemon Buttercream



AND

-These are tomatoes from Superman's Grandma Rosemary's garden.
  I just think they're pretty.




3 comments:

Megan said...

Jealous!!! I laid out yesterday at the Maumelle Aquatic Center, and when I rolled over onto my belly I thought, "I wish this chair had a face hole like a massage table does." lol. Good for you! And those tomatoes like divine!

Megan said...

look* divine

Ess said...

That is a pretty sweet chair! He finally did good! hahaha. :)