If you know me at all then you know there is almost nothing I love more that a quiet day to myself.
You also likely know that this fact about my personality is the MAIN reason teaching was not the career for me. Constant audience, constant social interaction, constant drainage of my energy by a noisy crowd of needy people.
You also likely know that there came a few subsequent loves of mine as a result of this need for solitude/ irrational fear of my students :) Snow days, Saturdays, my couch, my kitchen, pretty cupcakes. Now, while not directly related to school or teaching (afterall, these things were all good long before I ever taught a class) the respite they offered me from that Zone of Death was such a calm contrast that they took on a whole new level of importance in my life.
And now with the proper context firmly in place, I think you might… just might be able to grasp how positively golden, splendid, and delicious is this Monday morning that I am having. I have a new job. I’m sitting in a peaceful office studying for my Life and Heath exam. No one is watching me. The people talking to me are really only calling on the phone to talk to other people. This is by no means typical for my office (its particularly peaceful and un-hectic this week because most everybody has gone to Milwaukee for Annual Meeting and I’m helping hold down the fort with Devon, who’s too pregnant to fly, and a few other reps’ assistants.)
It feels like Christmas to me.
Thank you God for this blessing.
Stay tuned for a baby shower post tonight! Total awesomeness is forthcoming.
1 comment:
I am the EXACT same way. I love people and friends and keeping busy, etc., but there is nothing I treasure more than quiet time in my jammies.
Post a Comment