Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Tell Me What'Cha Think of These!

Ok so...

My friend Leslie is getting married.

This is us.  I'm the tall one and she's the super tiny one.  


~

Leslie is tons and TONS of fun.  Love her.
Will you take a look at these two pairs of legs?  I am like Amazon Woman compared to Leslie.

Anyway...

Her wedding is a few weeks away in October.

In the Virgin Islands.

Jealous?

Haha.  Anyway...

She is having a small wedding ceremony and a larger wedding reception here in Little Rock after the wedding.  And tonight she asked me if I'd be willing to do the cake.  I asked her how many people she expects and she thinks it'll be somewhere in the 100-150 range.

I explained that while I LOVE doing cakes... I don't have the resources (the pans, the oven space, the transportation equipment) to do a large tiered cake at this time.  But...

I suggested a small cake and a hundred cupcakes!  And she LOVED the idea.  So let the fun begin :)

Their reception theme is tropical and they want to use white, sand, blue, and green in the decor.  So my thought is to do a mini-cake for them to cut, and then cupcakes in three different styles.  Shells, tropical flowers, and sand.

The sand will be graham cracker crumbs on a white frosting.

And I need your help for the other two.

First off, here are the shells I made.  Thoughts?
They would NOT be pink.  This icing is leftover from Emily's baby shower.  They'd probably be white or cream on a blue background.



~

I like them.

I'm having a bit of trouble, though, with the tropical flowers.

Which of these looks more tropical to you?  (Again, they'd probably not be pink... I don't know what color they'd be... vivid orangey red?  Or maybe white on green to keep her theme?)

This looks a lot like the flowers I did for Emily... but they actually look a lot like the tropical flowers I found on Google search.

I like this a lot.  With the sort-of separated leaves.  It might be my favorite.

~

This one is with a different tip:
And I kinda feel like its too star-fishy.  But it might be a better approach.  I don't know.


~

Help me!

I need feedback!

5 comments:

Christy said...

I personally like the first flower. And what a great idea for the reception too. Cupcakes instead of huge amounts of cake are a wonderful way to get around the massive cake conundrum.

Jennifer Crow said...

I like #1 and #2, I agree about the starfish for #3. I think you're going to do a FABULOUS job! I LOVE the shells you did. Great job!

Megan said...

The first flower is the prettiest! I love it; it looks just like a hibiscus or some other kind of true, tropical flower. Beautiful!
The shells are perfect. I glanced at the pic before I read a single word and I knew it was a shell! :)

Lana Summitt said...

I think the first flower is perfect!

Whitney said...

First flower is also my favorite, and i think shell looks great!