OH... how I love cabins!
Did you know this?
I feel like I talk about cabins a lot, so surely you know this.
This past weekend... the Supe-dogg and I went to Mt. View Arkansas with 8 friends from our church. Awesome people! And we haven't had many opportunities to hang out with these people outside of church, so I really enjoyed that part of it. I especially enjoyed getting to ride to and from the cabin with Krista, Scott, and baby Carter. I love those three :)
Check out the sweet cabin we stayed in. Krista's aunt and uncle built it a few years ago. It is SO far from civilization... its wonderful. Absolutely peaceful.
~
We got there after dark on Friday night... so I couldn't yet see all the beauty surrounding us. But look what I woke up to!
It was a misty, cool morning, the river was deep, wide, and calm. Everything was quiet.
Isn't this tree amazing?
~
We ate breakfast and hung out a bit... Check out the living room/kitchen area! Isn't that stove amazing? It's actually a new stove made to look like an old one. The whole front opens up rather than just those small doors. And that white panel at the top flips up to reveal buttons that turn on the oven. :)
~
In the afternoon, we headed into the town of Mt. View to browse around the stores and have lunch at the old fashioned soda shop. Superman got a chocolate shake so large that they literally had to serve it to him in two cups. Most couples split a shake. Not us. I got a sundae and he ate the whole chocolate shake himself. Needless to say, we weren't adhering to the P90X diet guide this weekend.
Case and point: I made these S'mores Cookies as a dessert. Yum Yum Yum.
~
After lunch, we came back and (SOME of us) watched the Hogs Game. (Some of us being, the guys plus Lana. She's way cool like that.)
They sure did get excited!!
~
Lana's so pretty :)
~
The Gals... not watching football. :)
~
At half-time the guys went outside to toss the football and the frisbee... I guess they were feeling inspired from the game.
I tried to capture a few shots of the action.
~
Awesome catch Justin!!
~
I think this is an incredibly cute picture of Landon laughing and clapping. He's so fun!
And THEN... our husbands decided to swim in the river! I had to document this.
They're so crazy. That water was freezing. I know! I got in it up to my ankles to fish.
~
We woke up and had a special church/communion service the next morning and different people shared about what they spend their communion time focusing and meditating on. It's just so wonderful to step back and take a deeper look at that symbolic action we do every week. Every week I literally get to ingest into my body, bread and wine that symbolize what Christ did for me. I get to ingest him symbolically into my body and into my life. I get to remember what He did...for us. I get to remember that the punishment that brought us peace was on his shoulders... and that by his wounds, we are healed. I'm so thankful for that healing... oh that everyone would believe in his promises and welcome his healing!
~
I definitely recommend Mt. View (in case you were debating about whether to take a little vacay there sometime.) I say do it.
Love,
Carissa
1 comment:
Great post, love the pictures! Looks like you guys had a great time!
Post a Comment