Sunday, October 3, 2010

These Make Me Happy!

~

Take a look at what I got yesterday!!

~

This pot is by Berndes.

Its HUGE and perfect for a big batches of soup and stew for company!

I do have a pretty large stew pot that I use all the time... but there have been instances where I have made two soups for one dinner party, and that's not a fun thing to do with only one pot.  I had to cook one stew in it, transfer it to my crock pot... then cook the second.

But no more!!

~
This pot was recommended to me by my mother-in-law, who makes a positively genius chicken-cheese-chowder.  Berndes is especially good because it just wont burn your creamy type soups!  (A very easy thing to do in any other pan... trust me I've been there.)

~

Ya know what else makes me happy?

...

THESE!!!!



 ~

And THESE!!!
 ~
And THESE!!!


I love fall decorations.

And I love fall.

I love cozy, warm colors.  And carving a pumpkin in a cool new way after reading about it in Martha Stewart magazine.

I love baking pumpkin bars and smearing pumpkin butter on Cracked Wheat Bread.

This reminds me of the semester in college when I bought a pumpkin, gave him a face, and named him Benny.  And my evil roommate kidnapped him and left me a ransom note and tried to get me to do stupid things to get him back.

Or the following year in college...
where I dressed up like a pumpkin!   Just because!

I was feeling the fall spirit!



Yes... This really happened.
Yes... I tied a stick to a headband so it would look like a stem.

Can you tell I love pumpkins?

I LOVE pumpkins.

Happy Fall everyone,
Carissa

2 comments:

Jennifer Crow said...

Too funny! I LOVE that you dressed up like a pumpkin. Love your new decorations, they look so good! I'm jealous of your decorating skills!!

Carissa said...

And I, in turn, am jealous of your cleaning skills. What good is a decorated house when you have to clean for three hours before you can have anyone over because it gets so bad in the meantime? Haha. We all have our strengths.