Sunday, November 28, 2010

Every Time...

Every time I come back from Superman's Grandma's house... I feel like I've just been on some sort of a treasure hunt.

For one thing...

Grandma Rosemary has this bountiful garden that she's always digging around in.  And anytime we visit, she's ready to get rid of as much excess produce as possible.  You might recall that she blessed me with three basil bushes earlier this year saying she hadn't the slightest clue what to use basil for!  (Her "seasonings" are salt, pepper, and bacon grease.  Oh, and love... haha.)

For another thing...

Grandma Rosemary is a hard-working volunteer at the local "Dorcas Benevolence House" (a free thrift store open to the public.)  And you have to understand something... I LOVE Dorcas House.  And so far, every time I've come to visit... Superman's Grandma has suggested we go.

This year when I asked him whether he thought we'd be able to go to Dorcas, Superman replied, "Grandma will move Heaven and Earth to make sure you get to go to Dorcas if you want to."

And she did.

Grandma likes seeing things go to good use.  And I like collecting funky dishes, old frames, and mismatched mugs.  This is why we work so well together, she and I.

Here's some of the loot I ended up with this year:

A great big pile of homegrown tomatoes.  I can fry em' up green, or wait til they ripen and use them red.

~

Homegrown Sweet Potatoes.  I loooovvve me some sweet potatoes!

~

Sugar Pumpkins left over from the table decorations at the church fellowship hall.
~
I roasted these up tonight, in fact, and made some delicious Homemade Pumpkin Puree.
~

A few red tomatoes that had slowly ripened out in the shed (even though they were picked green!)
~
Some suh-weet Dorcas dishes!




~

Aaaaaand!  A Rosemary Bush!
Perfect for my new herb spot.


She told me to name it "Rosemary" after her.  And of course, I fully intend to.


No comments: