Monday, November 22, 2010

Just a weekend full of love!

That sounds really corny.  This weekend wasn't so much a "love-fest" as it was just a great gathering of a group of cousins/friends who don't see each other as much as we'd like.  We were in an awesome place and had an awesome time.  I just feel like it FLEW by.

I guess the only reason I gave it the warm, fuzzy title is because there was a baby there.  A baby we all love because she is the first-born baby from our group of cousins.  (There are some cousin-babies way over in Colorado... but we never see those cousins OR those cousin-babies, so... my heart doesn't turn to goo quite so much for those babies as it does for Emily's.)
~

We ate a wonderful Saturday morning breakfast in our lodge room.  "Dr. Booty" is telling a story here.  (Actually his last name is Booton, but the nurses he works with call him Dr. Booty.)


(By the way, I cut Superman's hair tonight.  As you can see, it was getting more than a little unruly.)
~


These were the too-good-to-be-true cinnamon rolls I made for the occasion.  I adapted them from Pioneer Woman's website.  For one thing, I much prefer a cream cheese icing to the maple-coffee icing on her recipe.  For another thing, I used a lot more salt throughout these.  Salt in the dough, salt in the cinnamon/sugar filling, salt in the frosting.  That may sound crazy, but when I first made them I followed the PW recipe to the letter, and I found them to be WAY too sweet.  Thirdly, I used a mixture of brown and white sugar with my cinnamon.  And I let them rise slowly overnight (it gives them an almost sourdough-like flavor and a light, tender texture.)  Ok, cooking moment over.  :)
~

 Here is that precious baby taking a nap with her arms out to the sides.  The blur is from the dimly lit room. (Of course I couldn't use the flash and WAKE her!)
~

We took a really nice walk along the lake and around the grounds...
 ~
It was sunny and perfect out.  Cool, crisp, and it smelled like dry leaves!
 ~
Oh gosh... this was done on purpose to keep the sun out of her eyes!  AHahahahahaha!
 ~
Just a quiet moment to appreciate what God does year after year.
 ~
Group Shot!
~

Love that sweet little mouth!!
 ~

Momma and baby.  

~
Brittney and some sweet moments with Livi...


 ~

This picture to me is just THE picture of relaxed, blissful, contentment.  SO sweet.

~

I hated to leave!

These are not exactly the most complete picture of the events of the weekend... but I really hate taking my camera to restaurants and asking the waiter to snap a picture.  For one thing, the front people always look huge and have double-chins because they're trying to lean backwards.  For another, I just hate asking the waiter to take a picture.  I feel stupid doing it.


No comments: