Don't we just live for the weekends?
Its so true.
Even with a job I love I still just die of pure joy when the weekend rolls around. When I was teaching, the weekends were a blessed respite from the daily struggle of forcing myself up in front of a group of teenagers all day everyday. But even those weekends were somewhat tainted by the dread that kicked in every Sunday afternoon.
Its so nice now to have a job that (while hectic at times) is in NO way a source of dread for me.
It allows me to spend my weekends flitting about, cooking, relaxing, walking, and thinking of NOTHING besides how happy I am!
(Technically I should be worrying a bit... about studying for my Series 6... but I'm real good at pushing those things down to the wire and getting the score I need to in the end. I need to be ready for that test by the end of November. That is soon. But I can do it. And I don't have to do it today! Ha!)
This weekend and week I plan to:
-bake two awesome dishes for our LifeGroup Thanksgiving (Jessica Dasher's Pineapple Casserole and my own Greenbean Casserole.)
-bake Pumpkin Bars for our trip to Big Cedar this coming weekend.
-get off work Friday at 1:00! (This will be, like, my first day ever to take time off so far at this job! And its because we're going to Big Cedar with the Cheathams and Bootons. Ultimate fun.)
-look at the gorgeous leaves as I cross the river bridge and just die of pure joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment