Saturday, January 1, 2011

An Accomplishment...

Well... The foodies over at a certain website previously mentioned here on this blog found it within their hearts to accept one of my photos.

When I opened the account, I figured it'd just be a fun way to put a few pictures out on the web and draw in some readers who may not know me firsthand.  But it turned into a personal challenge (personal being a very key word in that phrase.)  With each rejection e-mail, I became more desolate.  "What do you MEAN "white balance issues?"  "How dare you call that "poor composition?"

So imagine the inner victoriousness I felt when I arrived home from Christmas to discover that they had accepted one, single, solitary picture.  I felt as though they had accepted my child, or ME myself!

Care to view the picture Foodgawker found worthy?

http://foodgawker.com/post/2010/12/23/85459/

Happy New Year!!

Love,
Proud Mama

4 comments:

Ess said...

Congrats momma!! :)

Jamie said...

Congrats! I've never heard of foodgawker before... think I'm going to try it! I found your blog through the comment you left on mine (I've seen your food blog before but never this one).

if I can offer you two words to help you with your food photos (because they really helped me): natural light. seriously, it changed my world once I started using daylight to shoot instead of my nasty kitchen lights! no matter how much editing I would do, I could never get it to look right. now I shoot almost everything on the weekends or mornings so I can use natural light. (it's a pain, but worth it). good luck and keep shooting!

Carissa said...

@Jamie... You should totally go for it! Your photos are gorgeous!

I agree on the natural light thing. I'm always much happier with the photos I take on weekends. Problems most of the time is: if I'm home, it's dark. :)

Jamie said...

if it makes you feel better, they've already rejected me 3 times for "low lighting" and "depth of field too shallow". ha!