Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Gift...

Wow... I've missed my little bloggy-blog!  Life's been hectic what with making a giant cake shaped like a mechanical pencil and studying for the Series 63.  I decided that for the past two weeks, I would only discipline myself in one area at a time.  That means that, for the time being, the working out and bible reading are on hold.  Last week, I focused on making the pencil cake and this past week, I've focused on studying.  My test is this Thursday, so after taking it and (hopefully) passing it... I'll be ready to move on and start letting Tony Horton kick my butt again in P90X.  I'm more than a little tired of feeling flabby.  But... one thing at a time.  I keep having to remind myself that's the only way I'll be able to get it all done and keep my sanity.

Anyway, I wanted to share with you all a wonderful little gift I received this weekend while attending a friend's wedding in Nashville!

I was so honored and delighted when a dear family friend of many years, took me out to her car during the wedding reception and presented me with THESE!  (No this was not the bride... just a fellow attendee who just loves us and is precious and sweet!)



This gift is especially meaningful because Superman and I received a total of TWO towels for our wedding.  I kept thinking, "Don't most people get nice little matching towel sets for their bathroom with their monogram on them or something?"  But apparently, no one wanted to get us towels.  And it was cool with us... we have plenty of mismatched, threadbare towels leftover from our days of attending summer camp.  They were perfectly good, and what did we care whether they went with our color scheme... WHAT color scheme?  (Our bathrooms are by NO means decorated.)



But HOW could she have known how much I love white and brown?  If I could've picked ANY towel color... white would've been it.  We had basically made sure all matching towels we owned were in the guest bathroom (so as to fool our family and friends into thinking we totally have it together.)  And now we are proud to have two that belong only to us!  They even have our names on them.  And yes, this very sweet family friend embroidered them on there herself.

And the little matching basket??  Too cute for words!

Nothing in the world like a thoughtful, personalized gift!  Especially when it's the exact thing you've needed!

Gearing up for some snow!  Love you guys!
-Carissa

2 comments:

Jennifer Crow said...

Such a sweet idea from your friend. I love the towels!

Ess said...

Awwww cute!