Saturday, February 11, 2012

Just a little something to share...

Oh me oh my.  I haven't updated my little blog in quite some time.

But the reason for that is... I just couldn't!  I knew if I got on to post I would only be able to write about one thing.  And up til now I've been keeping that one thing a secret!


I took this photo on the morning of December 10th.  (Feels SO long ago.)  But I remember so wonderfully and clearly how shocked and deliriously happy I was.  For all of two months we had been officially "trying" and my poor emotionally warped mind was convinced I was going to have some sort of trouble getting pregnant.  It's crazy how once you decide you are ready, the switch is flipped and It. Must. Happen. Now.  Anyone else been there?  Our poor husbands.  They don't operate that way.  Chris was completely down for trying... but would've been fine if it had taken two months... six months... longer... whatever.  I often wonder why I can't have his personality.  It seems to come in handy in so many situations.

But no, I was feeling totally put on-hold as we waited.  "Should I keep studying for the 7 at work?"  "Annual Reviews are coming up, I need to be able to tell my boss by then!"  It was so hard to let my mind rest.

And now I look at how little time it really took and am thankful.  I don't know that I could've made myself have any more peace of mind, even with my 20/20 hindsight.  It's just one of those things.  I have a new-found (deeper than before) respect for women who wait months and years to see those two little lines.  I can say from experience that "hmm... wonder if I could be pregnant" is not just an afterthought you have at the end of each month.  It pops into your mind throughout every day of the month and stays there.   

But now... here we are!  I'm almost in my 14th week!  Things are going awesomely.  I haven't noticed any huge body changes yet except that I feel chubbier and my tailbone hurts.  (That's just my pelvis explanding... totally normal.)  I didn't get terrible morning sickness (just a queasy stomach and a strong sensitivity to certain smells.)  And yes, I'd say I've had cravings.  But my take on cravings is that you start wanting to eat things you've always liked (maybe as a kid, but you stopped eating them so much for health reasons.)  Like for me... I've been loving me some chili with fritos and sour cream!  But I used to eat that like every day in junior high.  And pickles.  I've loved them since my infancy.  And now I can't get enough of them again.  Stuff like that!  I actually think cravings are more about the foods that start sounding gross to you (there are lots)... so you land upon something that sounds good and you have to have it.

I've been to two doctor appointments and have gotten to see one picture of our little Baby Sweets.

Want to see?  By now he/she is a lot bigger than this... but I won't get a new ultrasound until we found out boy or girl (5 more weeks.)

Isn't it SO cute?  I'm in love.  :)

~
I've been trying to take pictures of my belly week by week, but at this point they aren't all that interesting.  It looks nothing like a baby belly and more like I've just been eating too many twinkies.

Anyway, we're thankful and excited.  It's especially nice not to be keeping the secret any longer.  Church, family, friends, and the office  all know... and they know that come August I'm going to be a stay-at-home mommy!  So now we just get to enjoy being pregnant.


2 comments:

Keleigh said...

I have been meaning to tell you how VERY EXCITED I AM for you!! You will be such a wonderful mommy & little baby Casey is already so blessed :) I'm hoping & praying for an easy, healthy, blessed pregnancy for both of you (all 3 of you, really!) and can't wait to hear all about it & see lots of pictures!

Ess said...

Awww I hadn't seen the pic yet, so exciting!! :D That was a very long secret!!!! And *gasp* you will be a stay at home mommy, love it!!!!!!!!!!! Even if you aren't looking "prego" and just twinkie eating, I would still like to see a prego pic please!!! :D