Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Surgery Week

Well, we're down to the week of surgery!

Over the last few months, I've heard from family and friends both near and far with warm expressions of care and assurances that we are being prayed for.  It has been overwhelming to learn just how MANY people have us in their hearts this week.  I'm so thankful!  I've had the joy of talking to people I haven't spoken with in years  :)  I never could've foreseen this blessing.

That said, this week in particular I've gotten a little overwhelmed with phone calls, facebook messages, etc.  I love getting them... I'm just having a hard time keeping up with responding to e-mails, listening to voice mails, returning phone calls, etc.  So please forgive me if you don't hear back from me right away over the next few weeks!  It's been a big job to get my house in order, my fridge stocked with baby food, laundry done, etc.

Tomorrow I will go in for a pre-operative appointment with Dr. Baur.  He will make a bunch of markings on me for the incisions.  Then Thursday my dad and I will head to the hospital around 10am.  Surgery is scheduled for noon.  I'll be in the hospital overnight that night and will get to come home Friday.  The first week will be the roughest... I'm not supposed to lift my arms above my head or lift much of anything... or shower :(  But after that I should be on the up-and-up.  Hoping for NO INFECTION!

I have people staying at the house with me for the first three weeks, as well as meals being prepared for us, and even help with laundry and cleaning.  So thus far I cannot think of a single need we might have that has not been met!

Keep the prayers coming!!  May God's will be done in our lives this week and every day!

3 comments:

Kim said...

I am praying my friend! Wish I could be there to help you/cook for you/hold Else, etc. Just know how much I love you and I am thinking and praying for you always!

Amy Davis said...

So glad you'll be physically and prayerfully surrounded during the surgery, hospitalization and recovery. Praying for you!

lisacarol said...

You are truly a woman of courage and strength, a beautiful woman of God. As you walk through this time of medical weakness, know that God will pour into you His Strength each hour of each day. Praying.
With great love for you,
Lisa