Wednesday, March 26, 2014

12 Weeks!


Weeks:  12!
Baby:  Baby is about 1 1/2 inches long (about the size of my thumb) and can move his/her fingers and toes!
Weight:  134.3  (-1 pound so far... so I guess all my bellyaching about the Glowing Study asking too much of me was a bit dramatic.  In my defense though, for a while there I really did think I was gaining every day.  Turns out it was a mean case of constipation.  Sorry for the TMI.)
Maternity clothes?  I've definitely pulled them out!  I still wear my normal pants on occasion (for church and things)... but I much prefer sweatpants for the rest of the time.  And for tops, it's a mix of maternity and regular.
Stretch marks?  Nope.
Sleep:  Comatose.  My body paralyses itself when it's time for me to get up.
Favorite moment of the week: Heard a good, healthy heartbeat of 150 at the OBGYN, and that meant we could announce our news publicly, which is always so fun because friends/family get so excited with you!  I hate having to keep pregnancy a secret. :)
Miss anything? Not at the moment.
Movement:  No :(  Ready for that as soon as possible though!
Cravings?  Cheesy things, oatmeal, & donuts (which is a craving that is yet to be satisfied!!)  And ZERO coffee....  hating coffee seems to be a pregnancy trend with me, so weird.
Anything make you queasy or sick?  It's definitely getting better, but I still get these intense waves of queasiness sometimes and I just have to lie down and wait it out.  (I usually fall asleep when I do that, oops.)
Gender:   I'm now leaning boy, since the heart rate has been in the 150s at both my doctor appointments.  But what do I know??  We won't find out for awhile.
Labor signs:  Heck no.
Symptoms:  Occasionally waves of nausea, fatigue, and pain in my tailbone when I've spent the day standing a lot.  (That happened to me last time too.)
Belly button in or out?  In
Wedding rings on or off?  On
Mood:  Irritable at times, but I think my husband could testify that I can't blame that entirely on pregnancy.  I tend to get irritated/annoyed easily... I need to work on that.  Pregnancy hormones could definitely be having an affect on my already pathetic patience-level though.
Looking forward to:  Finding out the gender of our baby, of course!  And also getting to call him/her by name once we know.
Freak-out moment of the week: Trying to prepare dinner Monday night- I felt queasy and extremely hungry, my 1-yr-old had had a nightmare of a day (mood-wise)... and I was trying to make something edible using frozen-solid chicken leg quarters (with bone-in, skin-on, etc.)  It was taking forEVER to get the food cooked and the raw meat was grossing me out... and at one point I tried to pick up the raw chicken with tongs and it slipped out and splashed raw chicken juice all over me, Elsa, and my kitchen... and I about lost it.
Thankful for:  The support and excitement of friends and family about this baby!  I think people are especially happy for us because they know what a devastating year we've had... so I've gotten a extra dose of love and congratulations this past week now that our news is "out". :)

No comments: