From Tues. Feb 4th-
I won't do a full "Bumpdate" today because by the time I'm ready to share our pregnancy news with the world, there'd be a pile of them for you to catch up on. Annoying! So I'll start doing them regularly once Baby Sweets 2's imminent arrival is made known to the masses.
But I will give a little overview since I'm officially 6 weeks today...
The nausea has set in. (Or as I like to call it, "The Quease.") I never threw up during my pregnancy with Elsa (SO very thankful for that)... but I was not spared from constant nausea for the entire first trimester and then some. It was especially bad when I smelled sweet things, or coffee. Anyway, there was a night this week when I woke up in the middle of the night (my 1 1/2 year old has reached a fun stage of waking up 3+ times per night at least)... and I felt it, The Quease. And I thought, "It's officially here."
I have to be careful not to let myself get too hungry or that's when it gets really bad.
Another weird development. Total exhaustion. I remember expecting to be extra tired the first time... but then it never happened. My happy-go-lucky little 1st-time-preggo self carried on with all the usual activities well into the midnight hours every night. This go-round, I'm beat!! A few days this week, I woke up in the morning thinking only about when I could next go to bed.
Because of this, I'm learning that if I want to be "good" and get a workout in, I better not plan on doing it after 4:00pm or I will talk myself out of it. (Ironically enough, I plan on doing a little mild cardio tonight with Chris after Elsa's bedtime. Could this be self-sabotage? Hopefully I can stick with my good intentions.)
No comments:
Post a Comment