Sunday, March 23, 2014

7 Week Bumpdate! (Written in February)

Weeks:  7!
Baby:  Baby is about 1/2 inch from crown to rump. (About the size of a raspberry.)
Weight:  135.6  (Officially weighed in at the Glowing Study last week!)
Maternity clothes?  Still wearing my normal stuff but I've been soooo tempted to pull out my stretchy maternity jeans early.  I think jeans are the first clothing item to become uncomfortable when you're pregnant.  I also think it's true what they say that you show much quicker with Baby #2.  I feel incapable of sucking in my stomach, ever.
Stretch marks?  Nope.
Sleep:  It would be good, if it weren't for Elsa.  But Baby Sweets 2 isn't interfering one bit!
Favorite moment of the week: My husband Chris has been in Panama since Friday for a medical mission trip.  So I decided to pack up and come to Searcy to stay with his parents.  Best decision ever!  I've had lots of help with Elsa, and lots of freedom to nap.  But the best part has been being able to shower at whatever time of day I want.
Miss anything? Not feeling queasy all day.  Also having the freedom to sleep when I feel exhausted.  First time around I could do whatever I wanted, but now I'm having to be pregnant AND hoist an 18-month-old around.
Movement:  Nope.
Cravings?  Pretty much just eating all the usual things I like, for now.  Although I did crunch down on an ice cube in my drink last night and immediately loved the feeling.  Haven't done that since I was pregnant with Elsa!
Anything make you queasy or sick?  Being awake.  Also going a few hours between snacks.
Gender:   I'm still guessing girl.  No real idea though.
Labor signs:  Heck no.
Symptoms:  The Quease.
Belly button in or out?  In
Wedding rings on or off?  On
Mood:  Tired.  Does that count as a mood.
Looking forward to:  Participating in the AR Children's Hospital Glowing Study!  Not only did I get accepted into the research sample, but I learned what they'll be doing with me.  Taking precise measurements of my body composition, metabolism, weight, and general health during pregnancy... and compensating me for it!  WooHoo!  Very cool.  Plus it means extra check-ups on the baby throughout the pregnancy and after. 
Freak-out moment of the week: Finding out I'll have to have blood drawn during all my Glowing Study visits.  Blech!  Also this week another pregnant friend told me she's been having bleeding complications and last night I had a nightmare about having bleeding complications.  Also finding out how much more money we're going to owe in healthcare bills this time, compared to last time when I was on my Northwestern Mutual employee insurance. Ugggghhhh.
Thankful for:  The fact that even though these health bills are making me cringe (WHY can't one simply have a baby without having to sell an arm and a leg??)... that technically, we can afford it.  I really just wish I could have my glowing study visits and not even go to the regular OB at all.  Then just have the baby at home for free! Yes, I am weird.  And for the record, Chris totally does not agree with those wishes. ;)

No comments: