Sunday, March 23, 2014

8 Week Bumpdate! (Written in February)

Weeks:  8!
Baby:  Baby Sweets 2 is about 3/4 in. from crown to rump.  His/her heart has divided into 2 chambers and is beating rapidly!  Eyelids, nose tip, and upper lip are discernable!
Weight:  135.3 (Per my weigh-in at the Glowing Study yesterday.)   P.S. They gave me a FREE scale at the research center! Because they want me to weigh myself every morning, which is kind of a drag, but hey... free scale!
Maternity clothes?  Still hanging on to the non-maternity stuff!
Stretch marks?  No.
Sleep:  Lots of it!
Favorite moment of the week: Chris returned Sunday from a 9-day mission trip to Panama and Elsa and I were SO ready to see him.  Elsa seriously didn't want me coming near them!  She wanted him all to herself.  Good thin she has an early bedtime. :) 
Miss anything? Not really.
Movement:  No. :(
Cravings?  I have never bought it before in my life but this week I bought Chobani pineapple Greek yogurt and then tore into it the moment I got home!  I usually don't care for yogurt by itself (I have to mix it into smoothies)... but it tasted SOOOOO good to me this week.  Also I ate Elsa's pureed vegetables (same day too.)  Weird.
Anything make you queasy or sick?  It just hits me randomly.
Gender:   Still guessing girl.  I think I'll be shocked and a little confused if it's a boy, but I'm sure I'll adjust quickly to either!
Labor signs:  No!
Symptoms:  The inability to suck in my stomach, The Quease (of course), and for now, that's about it.
Belly button in or out?  In
Wedding rings on or off?  On
Mood:  Happy, totally normal!
Looking forward to:  8-Week Ultrasound this Thursday!!
Freak-out moment of the week: Not baby-related, but yesterday I thought I lost an envelope of cash that I'd been saving up and I couldn't find it anywhere!! I was super sad and mad at myself.  Good news though: I finally found it.  Whew!
Thankful for:  Being in The Glowing Study- I think I'm going to enjoy these visits and the info it provides me... and I know I'm going to enjoy the compensation money and free diapers!

No comments: