Sooooo... it's almost 2 weeks since my last bumpdate and I'm still in my 8th week? What's going on??
Well, I went to my "8-week" ultrasound, and the baby measured much younger/smaller than an 8-week baby. Based on measurements, they clocked me at 7 weeks 2 days... which means that a couple weeks later I'm just about to round the corner on week 9.
And UGGGGHHHH... I was not happy with that news. The fatigue and nausea have been seriously yucky! (I definitely notice the nausea worse when I'm well-hydrated... has anyone else had that experience?)
As with Elsa, I am not throwing up. Just feeling gross most of the day, every day.
Another frustration (related to the nausea) is that the Glowing Study has asked me to weigh myself daily with the goal of remaining "weight stable" between my first and next visit (which will be at 12 weeks.) Reason being: Apparently baby does very little growing (size-wise) in the first trimester. Excessive weight gain this early would be a precursor to complications such as gestational diabetes. I get that. And when they asked if I though remaining weight-stable until my 12th week was a reasonable goal... I was all like, "Sure! No problem!" However, it turns out avoiding weight gain has proved to be more of a challenge than I expected, thanks to all this queasiness and my constant need to be munching on some sort of snack to keep it at bay!! So that's not a fun predicament.
Not much else to say, just needed to vent a little! (Can't hit "publish" for a few more weeks, but at least I feel like I'm getting my frustrations out to someone besides Chris.)
P.S. I took a 3-hour nap today. Elsa and I are (almost) on the same sleep schedule at this point.) Haha!
1 comment:
I know this is old and that you probably know this, but even though baby doesn't gain a significant amount of weight doesn't mean that you won't. Your blood volume is increasing, so I think it's somewhat unreasonable to expect to see minor gain that early. I know they know what they're doing, but also everyone is different and gain at different times and rates, so I hope you didn't stress about it too much!
Post a Comment