Weeks: 28! Saying adios to the 2nd trimester and hello to the 3rd!
Baby: Ava is 1 1/2 ft. long and weighs over 2 lbs now!
Weight: 151.4 (+16.1 lbs.) Speaking of weight gain, 4th of July week was a doozy for me! 3 pounds in one week! (Of course with a birthday and a holiday weekend built in there, I can't say I'm surprised.)
Maternity clothes? Yes! Including a few cute, new pieces I got with my birthday money (see shirt above.)
Stretch marks? I think I'm beginning to see hints around my belly button in a faint, circular pattern.
Sleep: Good. Still can't get enough! It's a good thing Elsa likes to play and babble in her crib long after she's officially woken up in the morning. Mama soaks up that extra snooze time!
Favorite moment of the week: This past weekend was full of fun! My siblings cooked me a birthday dinner Friday night and we had an awesome time playing a game they made up especially for me (it was based on America's Next Top Model, my fave show.) And then Saturday afternoon we stuck around town to help throw a surprise going-away party for my sister and her husband. They are about to move to New Orleans to start grad school. We have loved having them live just an hour away, but this move is a really exciting step for them too.
Miss anything? Esophageal comfort. Heartburn is especially annoying when you're trying to exercise (the bouncing and bending really seem to aggravate the problem.)
Movement: Yes, plenty. My favorite is when I'm reading with my book propped on my tummy and Ava kicks so hard the book bounces.
Cravings? I'm attempting to maintain a very healthy diet despite my cravings, but I definitely crave cereal and milk a lot, donuts (as always), and crushed ice.
Anything make you queasy or sick? Currently, no. Hallelujah!
Gender: Girl.
Labor signs: None. And as far as Braxton Hicks contractions, I can't clearly identify any, but sometimes I wonder whether I'm feeling them. Too early to say for sure.
Symptoms: Cyadic nerve pain (did I spell that right?) ... I get a weird sensation in my lower back/glute area (especially in the evenings) and it hurts to put weight on my left leg. Also heartburn
Belly button in or out? Out! :)
Wedding rings on or off? On!
Mood: Pretty good!
Looking forward to: The end of the weekend. We are having a garage sale Friday and Saturday, and honestly I just wish all the work were over, the profits made, and the junk gone.
Freak-out moment of the week: I think there was one, but thankfully it is too insignificant for me to remember well. (That's a good thing because my freak-outs come way too often.)
Thankful for: Totally random, but I am re-reading The Hunger Games and LOVING it all over again. So I'm thankful for the hours of entertainment that has provided me.
No comments:
Post a Comment