Weeks: 30 :) :) :) I'm getting excited! I think I need to re-read Ina May's Guide to Childbirth as a refresher to get me psyched up for delivery again.
Baby: Ava weighs 3 lbs!! And according to my pregnancy planner, she'll gain about 8 oz. a week from here on. Let the growth spurt commence! Also, she has the eyelashes AND head of hair she will be born with... fun to think about that.
Weight: 151.8 (+16.5 lbs.)
Maternity clothes? Yeah baby!
Stretch marks? Hints, but I'm not complaining. They could be way worse.
Favorite moment of the week: I delivered a Budgeting Seminar this week and was really encouraged by the evening and how it went! I tend to get a bit nervous speaking to groups (flashbacks from the old teaching days) but I settled into a comfort zone very quickly and really enjoyed the evening and the women I met!
Miss anything? My general mobility. I'm thankful I'm still as energized and active as I am... but it is a bummer when my joints get achy in the evenings and bending over wears me way the heck out.
Movement: Yep! Even Elsa gets to feel the occasional kicks sometimes. Here's a cute pic Chris snapped of her the other day feeling Baby Ava kick. :)
Cravings? Ice Cream, as usual. It's very normal for me to consume a pint on the occasional evening while catching up on TV shows. But I'm actually really proud to say that I've also set a goal in my Glowing Study Coaching Sessions to fit in at least 3 servings of vegetables a day and 2 of fruit. That is rather a challenge, but totally doable. (It means a veggie at every meal, and a fruit at most of them... or else as my snack(s).) I typically fit these in by eating a green smoothie in the morning, including carrots & hummus in my lunch, and eating whatever veggie-packed dinner I would normally cook for me and Chris. (We're trying a lot of plant-based recipes lately and really loving them!)
Anything make you queasy or sick? Not that I can think of, yay!
Gender: Girl, but of course we haven't had any follow-up ultrasounds since 19 weeks.
Labor signs: Plenty of Braxton Hicks contractions... nothing too painful yet.
Symptoms: Heartburn, especially when I'm exercising or lying down. Cyadic pain and hip/tailbone aches. Braxton Hicks contractions. Inability to use my abdominal strength to sit up. Fatigue!
Belly button in or out? Out :)
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood: Normal for me (notice I was careful not to specify whether that is generally "good" or "bad." LOL)
Looking forward to: Tomorrow my sister is coming over to make Mozzarella cheese with me... that'll be fun! And then next Monday, Chris's office is hosting a baby shower for us. Sooooo sweet of them. :)
Freak-out moment of the week: Yesterday I went a little ballistic (though I kept most of my frustration inside, thankfully) about how hot it was in our house. Turns out it was my fault, because sometimes I open the windows on cool nights and bump the AC up so it won't kick on til 80 degrees. And then the next morning I close them and turn the AC back down. Well yesterday I closed the windows but accidentally left the AC at 80, and for waaaay too long I was huffing and puffing about how dang HOT I was, until I finally realized that's because I had our air set on 80 with all the windows closed!! Our house was baking.
Thankful for: These last few weeks where my siblings all live in the same state. Won't be much longer, but I think we've soaked it up about as much as possible.
.jpg)
1 comment:
"Sciatic" is the correct spelling :)
Post a Comment